Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Facebook Covers

Hi guys!
If you have a Facebook account, chances are you probably have Timeline! :)
I really love Timeline, mostly because there's a gigantic space at the top to showcase your creativity! I think I update my cover almost every week.

It's quite easy to find a site which offers free covers, and if you're familiar at all with graphics, you can quickly throw something together on any program, even Paint! That's totally fine, the internet has a wonderful library of adorable facebook covers, but what if you want to make your own?

A-ha! That's very easy, actually! All you need to know is condensed into these simple steps :

1. I'm pretty sure despite what size computer you may have, the cover size is still the same. I'm not sure. If I'm mistaken, my apologies! Anyhow, I use these proportions : 846 x 308 pixels

2. Choose a cute texture, crop it to the size of the cover background I provided, and find some other pictures and/or pngs and mash them up into a collage, blend, or just arrange them in an order that you like for no particular reason. :)
Here are some examples of mine :


3. They're not that professional, I know, but they're cute, don't take much time, and make a very sweet sight when somebody visits your profile! Tada! Don't forget to leave a little space in the bottom left corner for where your avatar comes up, and make sure you give credit to the places you got your graphic resources from. 

Best of luck! Comment with links to your personalized Facebook covers, if you like. :)
- If anybody has a question or comment on this, go ahead! Ask away.
- I might add some pre-made covers in the future. Keep watch for that if you decide you don't want to design your own.

XO
Chrissy

0 comments:

Post a Comment